Choose a date
Price from € 35 per person
Skip the line Picasso Museum with Gothic tour + Breakfast at Born's Market
This walking tour will take you to discover the history of Barcelona, from the Roman era to the medieval period up to the 20th century, by the hand of the famous painter Pablo Picasso.
The tour starts from the well-know Ramblas of Barcelona leading us towards the Royal Square, where the old convent of Santa Madrona was located. Then we will walk to the square of Sant Jaume, seat of the local government during the medieval times and at the present time. We will stroll through narrow cobbled streets until you reach the Cathedral of Barcelona where we will also find the King's Square (plaça del Rei), an unique location and historic center of the city's royal power that preserves under its feet the remains of what was the Roman city of Barcino.
Afterwards we will go to the basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, which dates back to the 14th century, located in the neighborhood of “El Born”. In the narrow streets of this quarter it is also hidden the Picasso Museum, home to the most important collection of works from his early life when he was a studying art. Museum guided visit included.
At the end of the tour we will go to the old market of El Born. Since the middle ages, this market has historically been the epicenter of the city, first in the square and then inside a modernist metallic building. It was conceived as a neighborhood retail market and later became the wholesale market for an expanding metropolis. The new market became the model of Barcelona's market system. 45 years after the closure of the market, different archaeological remains of the 14th century can be seen while you enjoy a breakfast in its gastronomic space.
Ramblas 54, Barcelona
Born’s market (Plaça Comercial, 12 | Barcelona)
Things to bring
- Bilingual guide.
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter.
- Entrance and guided visit to the Picasso Museum.
- Guided walking tour of Barri Born.
- Local breakfast in the Born market to choose between:
- Salty option: mini sandwich (cold meat or cheese) and a drink (soft drink, coffee or juice).
- Sweet option: croissant or “ensaimada” and a drink (coffee or tea).
- Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50 % of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
23Mar – 31Oct 2018: Daily, except Monday & Sunday.
01Nov – 31Mar 2019: Friday & Saturday.
Guaranteed in English & Spanish. Maximum 25pax.
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, please be ready and we recommend wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years, as it is a walking tour of more than 2 hours.