Choose a date
The Spanish Cuisine
Everything you’ve always wanted to know about ham and Iberian cured meats, the treasure of Spanish cuisine.
Jamon iberico and its related products are truly an experience not to be missed. However, the range available can be confusing, so we will teach you thru this experience how to taste and learn the different qualities.
• Tour through an exhibition space dedicated to the production of Ham
• Tasting of 6 different hams with a choice of wine, beer or cava guided by a Master Carver
• Multilingual audio guide in English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Italian and Chinese
during the audiovisual tour and tasting.
• Lunch based on tasty cured meats and Manchego cheese with bread and wine
We will visit the new centre dedicated to ham in the city center where you will learn how these fine products are produced, we will taste 6 different kinds of ham to appreciate its fine tastes, textures, its health-promoting qualities, according to the origin, raising and feeding of the pigs. After the tasting enjoy a meal in a restaurant nearby, located in a magical street full of antique shops, art galleries and bars. It was a delicatessen charcuterie, now transformed into a trendy local restaurant that specializes in cured meats and tapas. Enjoy some tasty charcuterie (cured meats), including Acorn feed Iberian Ham and chorizo, and the world famous Manchego cheese with our unique “cristal” bread.
Tours, Tapas & Friends. Gastronomic Centre at Pintor fortuny 12 street, in front of Hotel Silken Ramblas (one block from Las Ramblas) 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Things to bring
The 3h tour includes:
• Lunch based on Iberian ham, chorizo, Manchego cheese, Cristal bread and a glass of wine, beer, sangria or soft drinks
• Audiovisual tour of the production of Ham
• Guided tasting of 6 different hams and 5 different wines
• Free WiFi at the meeting point
• Food and drinks not specified in the inclusions
• Transportation to the meeting point
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
Duration: 2,5 - 3 hours
Tuesday thru Saturday at 12:00 pm
Maximum per reservation 8 people, more than 8 people is considered a group and the pricing is different
• No Handicap Accessibility
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Celiac option is available, please advice at time of booking if required
• Vegetarian option not available
• Infants (Ages 3 and under) are free, no food or drink provided. Booking is required
What to wear: Comfortable clothing and shoes and wet weather gear if rain is expected
Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine