Choose a date
Price from € 69.99 per person
Cava, Tapas & Wine
This tour is perfect for you if… you agree with us on our motto – we believe that the best way to truly know a country is by discovering its wine and food.
Spanish Wines at its finest at both sides of the outstanding mountain of Montserrat. You will discover two beautiful boutique wineries in the surroundings of Barcelona, and visit two ancient wine-making Catalan D.O.s, Penedès and Pla de Bages . The mountain of Montserrat, located between them, has a big impact on the climate conditions of both regions, so each is focused on a different type of wine according to these differences. Penedès is well-known for its cava, and Pla de Bages’ soil and climate are perfect for the elaboration of red wine.
- Discover the history of Barcelona, Catalonia and its wines
- Visit two family-run boutique wineries
- Walk through Finca Ca N’Estella, a 19th century cellar
- Learn all about the wine-making and cava-making processes
- Visit the vineyards, production plant and barrels room of Oller del Mas Cellar
- Explore Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Taste premium wines and cavas as well as tapas and snacks
Duration: 6 hours
Tuesday through Saturday at 13:00 (1:00PM)
- Please wear comfortable shoes (10 min walking through the vines)
- The meeting point is Plaza Catalunya (in front of the Hard Rock Cafe), please look for our guides with a pink umbrella
- Please arrive at the latest 15 minutes before the tour starts
- In case you would be interested in a private tour, please don't hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com
You will depart from central Barcelona and head to Finca Ca n’Estella, a small boutique winery built in the late 18th century. Your tour guide will explain you and show you how cava is produced and aged. Anna, the 3rd generation of winemakers in the state, will pop out to greet you during the visit as long as she is not promoting their wines around the world. Ca n’Estella has an immense national and international importance, and it has been awarded with over ninety international prizes in the last 10 years.
The breath-taking scenery, together with the morning sun and a fresh glass of premium cava can never be a bad way to start the tour! The best regional tapas will be offered to you on your first cava tasting. Ca N’Estella is full of history in every single room, from Romanesque ruins until a hidden passageway dating from Spanish Civil War times. After touring the property, you will get to taste another of their premium cavas in a very special “room” – we do not want to spoil the surprise!
After discovering the best cavas in Penedès, we will drive by the feet of Montserrat mountain towards our second destination – Oller del Mas Cellar. Located in a former medieval castle, this winery is focused on producing organic red wine. There has been a wine-making tradition in this property for almost a thousand years, which had to be interrupted for half a century due to a devastating plague. The current owner, Fran, along with his father, restarted the tradition and made of wine-making his passion. Just like in Ca N’Estella, there is plenty of history in the property and in the family who has been running it for over a thousand years. Finally, you will get to taste the best three products of the state as well as an artisanal cheese platter. An excellent way to put an end to an unforgettable wine experience in Barcelona.
At Placa Catalunya 21, in front of the Hard Rock Cafe
* Look for the pink umbrellas*
**Check in at the departure location at least 15 minutes before departure time**
At Placa Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Cafe
Things to bring
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus or minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Oller del Mas Cellar
- Guided visit through the winery, the castle and the vines
- Wine tasting (5 premium wines)
- Tapas and dessert
- Cheese tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
Cancellation more than a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution