Choose a date
Price from € 89 per person
The Complete Montserrat Premium Tour
- Discover every corner, even the Sacristy, normally closed to the public.
- See the Moreneta, Black Madonna, from up close.
- Have plenty of free time to enjoy the panoramic views.
- Listen to the prayer of the Vespres, sung by the monks and the Escolania, the Boys’ Choir
- This tour is in small groups, normally less than 10 people.
- This is the official tour of Montserrat, organised in partnership with the Abbey of Montserrat.
- It is the most comprehensive tour. The itinerary has been carefully thought to combine a guided visit and free time.
- The tour ends in the evening, which may seem late but it will allow you to listen to the Escolania Boys’ Choir in the Vespres Evening Mass, when there are far less people than noon.
Your guide will reveal the stories and legends hidden throughout the Montserrat Natural Park, and will take you along each and every corner of the Sanctuary, even those normally closed to the public, like the Sacristy.
We will all meet at 11:45 am at plaça Catalunya and will set out to Montserrat at noon. The first you will see is the serrated skyline of this extraordinary mountain, drive up the mountain and enjoy the wonderful panoramic views. It will be about an hour drive, once there you will start with a stroll towards the plaça de Santa Maria.
You will get an interesting introduction to Montserrat with an audiovisual, walk along the small market with local produce where you can taste some mel i mató (fresh cheese with honey). It will be the perfect moment to enjoy some free time and explore the mountain, you can even take the funicular to Sant Joan chapel which has some privileged views.
At the Montserrat Museum you will see works by Picasso, Dalí, El Greco, and many other collections including archeological pieces from the Ancient World to vanguard art. You will continue with the guided visit to the Monastery and the Basilica, where you will have direct access to see the Black Madonna from a close up, and even enter the Sacristy, normally closed to the public.
Finally, the best of all, you will experience one of the most spiritual and mystical moments of the day, with the prayer of the Vespres, sung by the monks and the Escolania, the Boys’ Choir in Montserrat, where you will enjoy the magical atmosphere created and the marvelous acoustics in the interior of the Basilica.
- This is a bilingual tour, the guide will combine English and Spanish.
- Silence must be kept inside the church so the guide will give all the explanations outside.
- Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
- This tour involves some walking so wear comfortable shoes.
- The choir in the evening includes the children (Escolania) on Monday and Wednesday. On Friday, July, August and other school holidays the evening mass is sung exclusively by the monks.
The tour will start from plaça Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. Look for the orange umbrellas!
Things to bring
- Printed Voucher
- Visit to the interactive exhibition about Montserrat and its significance
- Tasting of local product mató (fresh cheese).
- Discount for the funicular to Sant Joan chapel.
- The prayer of the Vespres, sung by the monks and the Escolania, the Boys’ Choir.
- Entrance fee to the museum of Montserrat
- Lunch or drinks
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon. Available from 2 May to 28 September.
- Duration: 8.5 hours approx.
- We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance
- Check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before departure time
- Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice
- To book this tour please click on the calendar on the right