Choose a date
Price from € 78 per person
Montserrat & Codornu + Sagrada Famlia
- Fast track entrance to the Sagrada Família and Codorníu cellars
- You will get the best price combining 2 tours in one day.
- Codorníu has the world’s largest underground cellars – 34 km of tunnels to store the Cava
- Enjoy some spectacular views from Montserrat mountain and see la Moreneta up close (the Black Madonna)
Montserrat & Codorníu Wine Cellars Tour
The two most popular sites near Barcelona are combined in this tour. Make the most of your time and visit the Penedès wine region on the way to Montserrat Sanctuary.
Discover the Cathedral of Cava. Codorníu has the largest underground cellars in the world; it stocks up to 100 million bottles which are housed in a Modernista building declared a historic artistic monument. The visit includes a tour around the cellar in a small electric train and a taste of cava (method champenoise wine).
Montserrat: Spectacular mountain and views, ancient monastery, holy shrine. An incomparable place not to be missed. Dress a bit warmer for Montserrat, it is colder than the city.
Itinerary: Barcelona > Sant Sadurní d’Anoia – Codorníu Cellars > Parc Natural de Montserrat > Sanctuary (Monastery, Basilica, Chapel of the Virgin) > Free time for lunch > return to Barcelona.
Gaudí – The Sagrada Família Tour
The tour is dedicated to the single most important site in Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia, unfinished temple of the genius architect Antoni Gaudí, who dedicated the latter part of his life to this work.
Find out who Gaudi was with a visit to the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo. Enter their world and do not leave Barcelona without really understanding some of his most outstanding works. Do not waste time, your expert guide will take you directly to the interior.
Itinerary: Passeig de Gràcia > Façades of Casa Batlló & La Pedrera > Eixample > Sagrada Família.
What to expect
Montserrat and Codorníu wineries
The tour will begin at 8.30 am, departing towards the wine region of Penedès. First stop at the Codorníu Winery, with a guided tour, a trip on a small electric train along the underground cellars and a tasting of cava (champagne method). Then we go to Montserrat, directly to hear the Boys’ Choir (when available), guided tour and free time for lunch. We’ll be back in Barcelona at Plaça Catalunya around 3 pm.
Gaudí – the Sagrada Família Tour
You will have about 15 minutes in plaça Catalunya before the following tour starts. You will hop on the bus and drive along Passeig de Gràcia avenue, so you can see some of the most outstanding Modernista style houses, including Gaudí’s Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. You will then go towards Sagrada Família, consider you will have a 10-15 minute walk from the parking area to the entrance of the monument. Once there, you will have a guided tour of the façades, the basilica and the museum. After some free time you will head back to the bus and plaça Catalunya.
Catalunya opposite Tourist Office, in front of Banco de Espana, Olivia Plaza Hotel & Deutsche Bank
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Comfy shoes
- Picturesque drive up to Montserrat (about an hour from Barcelona).
- Roomy and air conditioned bus with big windows.
- About an hour free time to roam on your own.
- Entrance tickets and skip the line to Sagrada Família
- Funicular, track railway or cable car. You will have time for a round trip on Sant Joan funicular railway.
- The Boys’ Choir.
- Food and drinks. There is water available in the bus for 1 €.
- Access to the towers in Sagrada Família.
- Hotel pick up. Departure point is in Plaça Catalunya, the center of Barcelona and with very good communications, near la Rambla, Gothic Quarter and Passeig de Gràcia.
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
- Morning – Montserrat & Codorníu Wine Cellars. Starts 8h30 AM. Duration: 6h30 approx.
- Afternoon – Gaudí the Sagrada Família Tour. Starts: 3h15 PM. Duration: 2h30 approx
At 8.30 AM Tuesday,Thursday & Saturday
- We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance
- Check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before departure time
- Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice
- To book this tour please click on the calendar on the right