Choose a date
Price from € 78 per person
Montserrat and Codorniu Tour with Wine Cellars
Barcelona has very interesting landscapes to enjoy and discover. One of the most captivating attractions is Montserrat, the multi-peaked mountain located 45 km far from the city. Going south of Montserrat we can find El Penedés, a very typical region for vineyards. Don't miss both visits in a tour that combines the Codorníu Wine Cellars with the experience of Montserrat.
Caves Codorníu (wine cellars)
- Caves Codorníu's winemaking and vineyards have been producing since 1551.
- The first Spanish sparkling wine bottle (named Cava) was produced in 1872.The cathedral of cava has a very singular architecture and landscape. You'll get delighted by its Modernista-style buildings.
- Discover the whole process of winemaking. From grape pressing to labelling the bottle.
The mountain of Montserrat is situated 45km northwest of Barcelona. This multi-peaked mountain is also a unique Natural Park plenty of shapes, caves, stairs and paths. You can enjoy wonderful views from the top of it as well as its own weird shapes and rounded peaks. A unique visit!
Montserrat is a Benedictine monastery nearly 1000 years old where you can find the Black Madonna, also known as La Moreneta, which represents the patron saint of Catalonia. This figure is very popular because in honour of her, Gregorian chants will be signing every day.
Montserrat is thriving with culture: paintings, gold lamps, decorated chapels and so on. Enjoy also the library of 300,000 volumes and the museum where El Greco, Dalí, Picasso and other treasures from ancient Egypt can be found.
The visit will coincide with the Boys’ Choir Midday Concert
On arrival our guide will give a tour to the main places such as the museum with a great collection of paintings, the different bars, restaurants and shops that are located there and also the monastery and Basilica, two of the main attractions.
The guide will give explanations outside the Basilica as silence must be kept inside it. You'll be shown the Lady's Chapel of the 12th Century figure of the Lady of Montserrat.
Tour members will have free time for lunch (not included) and to dedicate to the aspects of this beautiful and spiritual place that attract them most.
Catalunya opposite Tourist Office, in front of Banco de Espana, Olivia Plaza Hotel & Deutsche Bank
Things to bring
Transportation in a luxury coach, Includes entrance fee to Codorniu Cellars and a taste of wine.
Lunch not included. Not mentioned fees, drinks or meals
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
Duration: 6.5 hours aprox
Daily from April at 8:30 am (except Sundays)
- We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance
- Check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before departure time
- Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice
- To book this tour please click on the calendar on the right